In this video I review the sales process of a purchase that I am madly passionate about.
There is no other purchase on the planet for me that I have such high intentions for supplier loyalty.
Watch this video to see how the sale moved through the various sales process stages and hear first hand how I as a sales coach think about it rather than as a consumer / customer.
The reason for the video is not to complain rather to show the supplier how things could be done better for his business’s sake and for industry reasons to compete against inferior imported boards.
I’d say my top 5 tips would be -
- Capture names / leads of people that come into a shop and add them to your Facebook page / CRM / E-mail ist whatever.
- Make a good first impression - a good sales process is far cheaper than a poor one.
- Don’t compete on price – be prepared to discuss it and negotiate if need to having time as a concession.
- Manage expectations – make a commitment and measure self against it. You should know when a sale is incomplete or delivery overdue. Systematise it.
- Don’t wash your hands of customers after a sale. There won’t be as many people in the tribe behind your brand as their should be.